Pages

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

After spending three whole days trying to fix something that my son and I deleted off his computer, I've finally resurfaced among the living. I have found myself so engulfed with ways I can "fix" this mistake, that it had consumed me and my attention. As I write this, my dog gives out a big sigh as if to say, "I know". (or Right?)

So today I went to a movie with my husband. We saw Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.  Not having seen the previews, I didn't know anything about it. (except the brief explanation he gave me when he invited me to go along)

I was amazed at the quiet, sacred presence of the packed room for the entire movie. And even upon exiting, there was no idle chatter. It was as if it made everyone contemplate their own existence.

Without knowing the intention of the writer or filmmaker, I think the film was a brilliant success. It took me back to the past while bringing me deeply grounded in the present. Everyday is a beautiful day!

Blessings Every New Day! Shannon