Pages

Wherever You Go, There You Are

Have you ever read the book “Wherever You Go, There You Are”, by Jon Kabat-Zinn?  I know everyone has their own path when it comes to finding books to read, or quotes to post.  So I'm not going to say, "You have to read this book". I will say, this book had so many profound statements in it, and I was ready to hear them. 

He talked about meditation and many different ways of doing it; some ways I've been using for years, and others I haven't even thought of. He talked about mindfulness and non-judging. He talked about dwelling in stillness...

He had so many powerful quotes interspersed throughout, as well as things to "Try".  I just want to post them all over my house... and I just might! 

"Insist on yourself; never imitate. ...
Do that which is assigned to you,
and you cannot hope too much or dare too much."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
I started drumming this summer with a group of lady friends. We get together, learn, smile, laugh, drum, and are mindful of our bodies and minds for an hour once a week. We went out on one woman's pontoon boat to "drum on the lake". It was great fun!  Above is a picture of being there during sun set. Ahhhh, stillness...


Enjoy and honor each day as a new day, blessings until next time,


Shannon